Tuesday, December 27, 2011

working; title, mother, not

Job seeking, hunting, looking is all too wearying.
I release "looking" & manifest "finding."
So, I AM finding a job, goldangit.

Next year, next year is just around the corner. It will be better, it will be different, it will be.

Every day is the same so I must be insane; I search the same job boards, email the same copied & pasted introductory email, attach the same resume, wait for the same non-replies.

I am thinking of how to go about this in a NEW manner & I am not that clever this year. I do not think of the statistics though they mentioned them in church the other Sunday. If I suddenly had some new skill set or qualifications, but see that is the thing; I do not.

I have been more proactive in seeking out elder care positions after my stint with my grandfather. I have sent all sorts of replies to all sorts of unusual ads - there was the muse position, the mad scientist looking for an assistant (last time I answered an ad like that I had a wonderful relationship), hell even one for a "sugar baby" just to see what he'd say. LOL                                                       no seriously.

Today I am tired. The Holidays, as they were, were good. The minimal emotional distress was had on my part. the minimal tears shed - mainly reserved this year for any of the various church events with the music of the season to allow myself to cry over. But, sigh, there are changes going on in my body. I have been marking them on a calendar & a new pattern has evolved. Nice, really. I just want the whole process completed. It's the limbo, in-between-ness of Life which wears on my soul & body AND mind.

We are still in between living accommodations. the Morning Glory Cottage is packed up, no one is staying there. the new place is just now ready & Saturday is supposed to be a move in date. Limbo, limbo...no fun-bo.


My body aches with new pains I was blessed to avoid in my earlier years.  There are supplements in the cupboard & in my system now.

On the good news front - there are also many new greens, colours & healthier foods in my system, too. I have been eating kale, turnips, rutabagas, carrots, peppers, squash, etc etc etc. And I will keep transitioning to more, more goodness in to my body, in my life.

Next year - doncha know the answer is 42?

No comments:

Post a Comment