Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ever Juggling

Single mothers face many challenges. We hope we can make the best decisions for ourselves & our children in how we budget everything; our time, our money, our limited resources. And we don’t always have as much control over some of those resources. We can have court ordered child support and still not be able to count on that when doing our financial budgets. And as fellow American citizens know, there are variables in the current economic environment which can adversely affect us through no fault or lack of planning of ours. For example, working Americans have had hours & paychecks cut due the Depression in this country. And renters can be affected by their landlord’s lack of financial responsibility.


So begins my first Hip Mama Radio podcast. It's about G+, Secret Santas & da Mamas. It is also about more juggling as a single mama. I mentioned that even when you are a single mama with a boyfriend, you are STILL a single parent, a single person in many, many ways. Hence my kiddo & I renting a room with/ from another mama when we leave the Morning Glory Cottage. The bright side is another go at the Mommune, even if it's just 2 Mamas & their kiddos. The down side, I am still living on my own. Which is also an upside, but ya know what I mean.


Now if I were living with someone and we got this same 30 day notice we'd be moving together to a new place. Well, one would hope. I am reminded of a few years ago when the boyfriend who had moved in with me & my kids to our townhouse when he needed to move from where he was renting a room. When the going got rough there financially and then when the lease was up all he could talk about was getting his own place.  Hindsight what it is I should have let him. The point is that even then, we were a couple, living together but when it came to us needing to find a place together he was ready to do his thing and leave me, the single mother to fend for myself & my kids.


One day, I would like to be sharing a home with a partner, raising kids together and be done with this heavy designation of being a single mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment